Borno State Post Code «» Borno State Zip Code. Below are the postal codes / zip codes for cities and towns in Borno State, Nigeria.
Borno State is a state in north-eastern Nigeria created on 3 February 1976 (Borno State was was formed in 1976 from the split of the North-Eastern State), it borders the Republic of Niger to the north, Lake Chad (and the Republic of Chad) to the northeast, and Cameroon to the east; on the south and west it borders the Nigerian states of Adamawa, Gombe, and Yobe. Its capital is Maiduguri.
Borno State is nicknamed “Home of Peace’’ it is mainly agrarian with large deposits of mineral resources. A major source of freshwater fish in the country as it houses part of the Lake Chad.
Borno State Snapshot:
- Total land area: 72,609 Km2
- Capital: Maiduguri
- Local Government Areas: 27 LGAs: Abadam, Askira-Uba, Bama, Bayo, Biu, Chibok, Damboa, Dikwa, Gubio Guzamala Gwoza Hawul, Jere, Kaga, Kala/Balge, Kondunga, Kukawa, Kwaya, Kusar, Mafa, Magumeri, Maiduguri, Marte, Mobbar, Monguno, Ngala, Nganzai, Shani.
- Population: 6,272,536 (Male- 3,198,993 and Female- 3,073,543)
- Vegetation: Tropical Savannah
- Major crops: Millet, Sorghum, Maize, Cowpea, Rice, Wheat, Cassava, Cocoyam, Gum Arabic, Livestock, Tamarind, Mangoes, Oranges, Tomatoes, Onions, Cabbage, Lettuce, Spinach and Groundnut.
- Solid minerals: Feldspar, Limestone, Kaolin, Clay, Potash, Iron-Ore, Natural Salt, Quartz, Magnetite, Diatomite, Trona, Mica, Silica Sand, Gypsum, Granite Chips, Flutters Earth and Uranium.
- There are three agricultural zones in Borno state: Biu, Bama and Kukawa
Borno State Post Code / Zip Codes
Click on the link representing the location you wish to look-up in Borno State to reveal its postal code / zip code: